Developing Emotional Awareness and Building Self-Esteem
This workshop is now fully booked.
New Workshop for Parents and Carers. There are 6 places per workshop.
When: There are 6 places on each workshop.
The workshop dates and times are Saturday November 11th at 12 - 16.30 and Friday November 17th at 10 - 14.30.
Where: 12 Princes Avenue, Hull HU5 3QA.
Fees: Early Bird Offer (before October 27th) - £60 Otherwise - £70
What to Expect: At the end of this workshop you will have the knowledge and confidence to explore your children's thoughts and feelings about life events and within general development.
• Gain knowledge of theories around why it is important to make feelings a priority in your family
• Work with me and the rest of the group to push through some barriers you may have when working with your children’s thoughts, feelings and behaviours
• Get guidance on how you can manage the dynamics of your family to accommodate what you learn in the workshop
• Learn age appropriate strategies to encourage your children to explore their thoughts and feelings
• Have space to ask questions, to tailor the content to your children’s specific needs
• Receive hand-outs and activity sheets to include all content covered within the workshop
About Alex Carling: I achieved a 1st class honours Psychology Degree at Hull University in 2008 and went straight into Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy training at the Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy; I have been in private practice since 2012. The significant weight of my professional career has been at Hull Women’s Aid where I supported women and their families to recover from the trauma of domestic abuse for 12 years.
Together with my psychotherapy training and work within trauma, I have gained substantial knowledge of the development of children’s emotions and their developmental needs in the context of their relationships. I'm approachable and experienced in the field and have an ability to make complex theory easy to understand and apply.
My main aim in working with you as parents and carers, is to give you the confidence to attend to your children’s emotional and development needs, reducing the need for external services and improving your relationships.